Clutch Industries Pty Ltd (CI) warrants all its products to be free of defects in material and workmanship during the warranty period based upon the following terms and conditions;
1. CI branded clutch kits (for CI HD refer point 2), 2 years or 40,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) from date of purchase (Unless otherwise stated and which may be changed from time to time at the absolute discretion of CI). This includes (from date of purchase) parts and labour for a period of 2 years or 40,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first).
2. CI Heavy Duty Products (HD) and 4Terrain products warranty period is 3 years or 50,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) from date of purchase. This includes (from date of purchase) parts and labour for a period of 2 years or 40,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) and a further 12 months or 10,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) parts only warranty.
3. CI Commercial Clutch Kits 2 years or 40,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) from date of purchase. This includes (from date of purchase) parts and labour for a period of 12 months or 20,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) and a further 12 months or 20,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) parts only warranty.
4. Mantic Stage 1, 2 and 3 Clutch Kits 1 year or 20,000 kilometres (whichever occurs first) from date of purchase. Mantic Stage 4, 5 and Track Series Kits (multi-plate) come with a 90 day satisfaction guarantee from date of purchase.
5. Clutch Industries warranty does not cover:
a. Normal wear and tear, including wear and tear of any friction materials forming the surface between the clutch disk and pressure plate or used as a component of the product;
b. Any defect or damage caused by a collision or other accident;
c. Any defect or damage caused by the failure to store, handle, install, assemble, maintain or use the product in accordance with CI’s instructions or specifications, including but not limited to: (a) modification of the product by the customer in any way; or (b) installation of the product in a vehicle that is not in full compliance with the instructions and specifications of the manufacturer of that vehicle
d. Any defect or damage arising directly or indirectly as a result of racing or competing in the vehicle in which the product is installed
e. Any defect or damage arising directly or indirectly as a result of the failure to use and install an appropriate scatter shield
6. CI reserves the option to repair or replace products at no charge if found to be defective during the warranty period.
7. This warranty will be VOID automatically if in CI’s reasonable opinion the product has been subject to any unreasonable use, misuse, negligence, fire, or accident; or the product has been modified, repaired or dismantled without CI’s prior written authorization; or any CI part has been replaced with a non-CI part. CI reserves the right in its sole discretion to inspect, evaluate and test the purportedly defective product in any way deemed appropriate by CI, and then make the final decision as to whether the product in fact is faulty or defective in material or workmanship. This is our exclusive written warranty. We make no other express warranties, nor is anyone else authorized to make any express warranties on our behalf.
8. Upon discovering a purported defect that you believe is covered by this warranty, you must immediately (within 30 days) return the product to the original place of purchase, together with a detailed written description of the purported defect and proof of original purchase.
9. No warranty claim will be accepted under this warranty for incorrectly installed parts unless approved by CI under the CI “No fault” warranty provision, which may be withheld at the absolute discretion of CI.
10. Our goods come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law. You are entitled to a replacement or refund for a major failure and for compensation for any other reasonably foreseeable loss or damage. You are also entitled to have the goods repaired or replaced if the goods fail to be of acceptable quality and the failure does not amount to a major failure.
WARNING: DO NOT USE ANY CI PRODUCT IN VEHICLES WHICH HAVE BEEN MODIFIED TO EXCEED THE MAXIMUM ENGINE RPM(S) BEYOND THAT WHICH WAS SPECIFIED BY THE ORIGINAL VEHICLE MANUFACTURER WITHOUT FIRST INSTALLING APPROPRIATE SAFETY EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO TRANSMISSION GUARDS, AS SUCH USE MAY CAUSE THE PRODUCT TO EXPLODE UNEXPECTEDLY CAUSING SERIOUS INJURY AND/OR DEATH.